Pay Scale of Army Officers and equivalent ranks in Air Force and Navy
As per 6th Central Pay Commission scales, the Pay Scale is figured here. Government of India has promulgated the implementation of recommendations of 7th Central Pay Commission for pay and allowances.
- Rank – Pay Band in
- Lt to Major – 15,600—39,100/- (PB-3)
- Lt Col to Maj Gen – 37,400—67,000/- (PB-4)
- Lt Gen HAG Scale – 67,000/- (annual increment @ 3%)—79,000/-
- HAG + Scale* – 75,500/- (annual increment @ 3%)—80,000/
- (*Admissible to 1/3rd of total strength of Lt. Gens.)
- VCOAS/Army – 80,000/- (fixed)
- Cdr/Lt Gen (NFSG)
- COAS 90,000/- (fixed)
- In addition to Pay, Grade Pay will also be given as under :
- Lt 5,400/-
- Capt 6,100/-
- Maj 6,600/-
- Lt Col 8,000/-
- Col 8,700/-
- Brig 8,900/-
- Maj Gen 10,000/-
- Due to restructuring of the officer’s cadre on recommendations of AVS committee, promotion period has been reduced and Time Scale promotion has been increased upto the rank of Col (equivalent) and rank of Lt Col (TS) has been abolished. Col (TS) (equivalent) is entitled to Grade Pay of Rs. 8,700/- p.m.
- A fixed sum of 6,000/- p.m. is also payable as Military Service Pay (MSP) to the officers from the rank of Lt. to Brig.
- Stipend during training at Service Academies: Fixed Stipend 21,000/- p.m. (15,600/- as Pay in Pay Band plus Grade Pay of 5,400/-) for the entire duration of training. “The Stipend will be converted to pay for all purposes on successful completion of training and the allowance admissible will be paid.”
2. Qualification Pay and Grant
Officers possessing certain prescribed qualification are entitled to lumpsum Qualification Grant of 6,000/-, 9,000/-, 15,000/- or 20,000/- based on the qualification held by them.
The Army Aviators (Pilots) serving in Army Aviation Corps are entitled to the Qualification Pay, based on the Qualification held by them as under :—
(i) Master Aviation Instructor—500/- p.m.
(ii) Senior Aviation Instructor Class I—400/- p.m.
(iii) Senior Aviation Instructor Class II—280/- p.m.
(iv) Aviators holding Master Green Card—400/- p.m.
(v) Aviators holding Green Card—280/- p.m.
The Army Aviators (Pilots) serving in the Army Aviation Corps are entitled to flying allowance as under :
(a) Brig & above 10,500/-
(b) Maj to Col 14,000/-
(c) Capt and equivalent 11,000/-
(d) Lt and equivalent 9,000/-
Other Allowances :
(a) Dearness Allowances are admissible at the same rates and under the same conditions as are applicable to the Civilian Gazetted Officers from time to time.
(b) A kit maintenance allowances of 400/- p.m.
(c) Depending upon the rank and area of posting, Officers posted to Field Areas will be eligible for compensatory. Highly active Field Area Allowance at the rate of 6,780/-to 8,400/- p.m. Compensatory Field Area Allowance at the rate of 4,200/- to 5,200/- p.m. and Compensatory Modified Field Area Allowance at the rate of 1,600/- to 2,000/- p.m.
(d) In addition to the Compensatory Field Area Allowance, officers posted to areas situated at a height of 9000 ft. and above are entitled for High Altitude Allowance in the range of 1,060/- p.m. to 11,200/- p.m. depending upon rank of the officer and place of posting.
(e) Siachen Allowance at the rate of 14,000/- per month will be admissible in addition to Compensatory Field Area Allowance to officers of all ranks. This allowance is, however, not admissible in conjunction with High Altitude/Uncongenial climate allowance.
(f) Uniform Allowance : Initial allowance for a one time kit @ 14,000/- and 3,000/- for every three years.
(g) Free rations are provided to all officers.
(h) Transport allowance: Transport allowance @ 3,200/-+ DA thereon per month in A-1/A class cities and 1,600/- + DA thereon per month at other places shall be admissible to officers.
Children Education Allowance:
(i) In the case of allowances specific to Defence Forces, the rates of these allowances would be enhanced by 25% automatically each time the Dearness Allowance payable on the revised pay band goes up by 50% (GOI letter No. 1/55/2008/D (Pay/Services) dated 04 Nov. 2008).
(j) State Govt. of Sikkim has approved a cash incentive of 1.5 lac ( Rupees one lakh fifty thousand only) to successful candidates of Sikkim for all officer’s entry scheme.