A Combined Defence Services Examination will be conducted by the Union Public Service Commission on 19th November, 2017 for admission to the under mentioned courses :—
Name of the Course and Approximate No. of Vacancy:
- Indian Military Academy, Dehradun — 145th Course commencing in July, 2018 [Including 13 vacancies reserved for NCC ‘C’ Certificate (Army Wing) holders] – 100 Vacancy
- Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala — Course commencing in July, 2018 Executive (General Service) [including 06 vacancies reserved for NCC ‘C’ Certificate holders (Naval Wing)] – 45 Vacancy
- Air Force Academy, Hyderabad—(Pre-Flying) Training Course commencing in August, 2018 i.e. No. 204 F(P) Course. – 32 Vacancy
- Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai—108th SSC Course (NT) (For Men) commencing in October, 2018. – 225 Vacancy (including 50 vacancies for NCC ‘C’ certificate holders for NCC Spl. Entry)
- Officers Training Academy, Chennai—22nd SSC Women (Non-Technical) Course commencing in October, 2018. – 12 Vacancy
- The number of vacancies given above is tentative and may be changed at any stage by Services H. Q.
- Candidates are required to clearly specify the Online Application the Services for which he/she wishes to be considered in the order of his/her preference.
- A male candidate is advised to indicate as many preferences as he wishes to, subject to fulfilling the eligibility conditions.
- women candidates are eligible for OTA only, they should give OTA as their first and only preference.
- If a male candidate is competing for Short Service Commission (Army) only, he should indicate OTA as the one and only choice. However, a male candidate competing for Short Service Commission Course at OTA as well as Permanent Commission course at IMA, Indian Naval Academy and Air Force Academy should indicate OTA as his last preference; otherwise OTA will be deemed to be the last choice even if it is given a higher preference by the candidate.
- Candidates who desire to join Air Force Academy must indicate AFA as first choice, as they have to be administered Computer Pilot Selection System (CPSS) and/or Pilot Aptitude Battery Test at one of the AFSBs and AF Medicals at Central Establishment/Institute of Aviation Medicines. Choice exercised for AFA as second/third etc. will be treated as invalid.
- No request for addition/alteration in the preferences already indicated by a candidate in his/her application will be entertained by the Commission.
- Second choice will come for consideration only when the first choice is not offered to the candidate by Services HQ. When first choice is offered and a candidate declines the same, his/her candidature will be cancelled for all other choices for regular Commission.
- The candidates who are detailed for training even though they have not expressed their preference for SSC will be placed in the order of Merit List after the last candidate who had opted for this Course, as these candidates will be getting admission to the Course to which they are not entitled according to the preference expressed by them.
- Candidates with Air Force as first and only choice cannot be considered as left-over for grant of SSC (OTA) if they fail in Computer Pilot Selection System (CPSS) and/or Pilot Aptitude Battery Test. Such candidates, if they desire to be considered for SSC (OTA) should exercise their option for OTA also.